Technical Assistance for Civil Society Facility Sivil Düşün II
Technical Assistance for Civil Society Facility (Sivil Düşün II)-Turkey
Period of implementation: 01/03/2016 – 01/03/2018
Country – Turkey
Beneficiary – Delegation of the European Union in Turkey
Name of client: European Commission
The overall objective of the project was to improve the environment for active citizenship and to strengthen the capacity of organised active citizens.
The purposes of this contract were:
- Purpose 1. to support civil society networking and advocacy in Turkey
- Purpose 2: to support the EUD to Turkey in raising awareness of CSOs about the EU support to Civil Society through the Civil Society Facility (Sivil Düşün II) and ensure the visibility of its different components.
The Expected Outputs of the Project in line with purposes were:
- To increase support for networking of CSOs, as well as for interaction and mutual understanding between CSOs and public institutions.
- To increase CSOs capacities to advocate and obtain legislation leading to broader, more transparent, more equitable private and public financial support to CSOs as well as to monitor the effective application of relevant legislation.
- To increase organisational and funding raising capacities of CSOs.
- To increase awareness and visibility of organised citizens and CSOs activities to promote the development of civil society.
- To increase exchanges between civil society activities in Turkey and between Turkey, the EU, IPA and ENPI countries, inter alia, the facilitation of an intercultural dialogue between CSOs.
- To develop adequate visibility in media and society of the EU support to civil society through the CSF-national window and its different components.
Activity 1: Advocacy and networking capacity building
Activity 2: Visibility and awareness-raising
Activity 3: Support the EUD in the implementation of the project management mechanisms.