STRENGTHENING THE RULE OF LAW IN THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF MAURITANIA
SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR STRENGTHENING THE RULE OF LAW IN THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF MAURITANIA
Period of implementation: January 2015-January 2019
Country – Mauritania
Beneficiary – Ministry of Justice
The general objective of the project of which this contract is a part is to contribute to the consolidation of the rule of law in Mauritania in its legal and judicial component.
The specific objective of this contract is to provide technical assistance to form the project management unit to ensure the management of the Support Program for Strengthening the Rule of Law in the Islamic Republic of Mauritania in consultation with all stakeholders, in particular the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Development, the Ministry of Justice (MJ), the National School of Administration of Journalism and Magistracy (ENAJM), the Forum of Human Rights Organizations (FONADH) and the European Union Delegation (DUE).
The program is divided into 3 main components:
- Improving access to justice ;
- Strengthening legal and judicial institutions ;
- Consolidation of the penal and penitentiary policy.
- Diagnostic studies
- Support for project management in line with the sectoral justice policy
- Support for the reform process to improve access to the courts
- Strengthening the prison administration in the exercise of its missions to secure prisons and humanize detention