Implementation capacity of Metrorex
Increasing project implementation capacity of Metrorex – MEF PASSA 2 – AA-010668-001
Period of implementation: 08.2021-10.2023
Beneficiary –EIB / METROREX
The overall objective of this Assignment is to assist the EIB Project Advisory Support Team (EIB PAS Team) in their support to the Recipient: Metrorex SA, with an emphasis on the project management, including preparation, procurement and implementation of projects.
– Project Preparation – assist Metrorex in project preparation by elaborating options analysis, feasibility study for procurement of rolling stock and terms of reference.
– Procurement including assistance to preparation and implementation of public procurement procedures, preparation of tender documentation, setting up qualification/ award criteria, management of the evaluation process, technical support during the evaluation process and
dealing with queries from potential bidders and public procurement authorities.
– Provide transfer of skills through on-the-job and formal training to ensure a high level of skill transfer to Metrorex staff
– Updated tender documents for line 2 modernisation works
– Updated project preparation documents
– Option analysis for signaling system
– Tender documents for feasibility study
– Feasibility study for purchase of 50 + 30 new trains for Metrorex and applications for funding
– Tender documents for procurement of for the 50 new trains (including long term maintenance)
– Support during tender evaluation process for procurement of the 50 new trains
– Standard tender documents for feasibility studies aiming at launching metro lines development
/ modernization works under a design-build scheme
– At least 4 specific tender documents for such feasibility studies
– Support during tender evaluation process for a number of feasibility studies
– Set of tender documents for works (design-build)
– Support during tender evaluation for these works
Task 3d – Specific advice provided on ad-hoc requests.
Task 4 – 2 ”away” workshops of 12 hours training each