Trade union representation for immigrant workers in Romania
Trade union representation for immigrant workers in Romania (POSDRU Project)
Period of implementation: 09.2009 – 09.2011
Country – Romania
Beneficiary – National Trade Union Block
The general objective is to strengthen the administrative capacity of the social partners for their active and sustainable involvement on the labor market in Romania.
The specific objectives were:
- Identification of the needs of the immigrant workers on the Romanian territory
- Enhance the administrative and representation capacity of the trade unions for the immigrant workers on the Romanian territory.
• Enhance the involvement level of the trade unions in meeting the needs of the immigrant workers on the Romanian territory.
• Project kick-off
• Carry out a survey for the identification of the immigrant worker’s status in Romania
• Set up the counseling and representation office for the immigrant workers
• Carry out a training course
• Organize the office
• Promotion and organization of the office
• Information campaign with regard to the legislation for the immigrant workers
• Organize 21 seminars with regard to the results of the research and the legislation for the immigrant workers