THE PUBLIC FINANCE, PLANNING AND STATISTICS SUPPORT PROGRAM IN IVORY COAST
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PUBLIC FINANCE, PLANNING AND STATISTICS SUPPORT PROGRAM IN IVORY COAST
Period of implementation: June 2019 – June 2022
Country – IVORY COAST
Beneficiary – Ministry of Economy and Finance
The overall objective of the Project of which this contract is a part is to support the efforts of the Government of Ivory Coast in the implementation of its national development policy to eradicate poverty, promote sustainable and inclusive growth, and improve good governance.
The specific objectives of this contract are:
- Strengthening national capacities in the process of planning, implementing, monitoring and updating the National Development Plan of Ivory Coast;
- Capacity building of national statistical system actors ;
- Strengthening government capacities in the framework of the implementation of the Master Plan for Public Finance Reform (SDRFP).
The results to be achieved are:
- Result 1: The conditions necessary for the execution of budgets in program mode are strengthened, making it possible to perpetuate the dynamics of the Public Finance reform;
- Result 2: Tools necessary for the application of new accounting texts and regulations are developed;
- Result 3: The planning system is strengthened, in particular with sectoral policies and Annual Work Plans (AWPs) formulated in coherence with the NDP and facilitating medium-term public expenditure planning according to national and sectoral priorities;
- Result 4: The NDP monitoring system is made more effective;
- Result 5: The national statistical system has an up-to-date body of legislation and regulations and an effective monitoring system;
- Result 6: The skills and production capacities of national statistical system actors are strengthened in order to increase the availability and accessibility of data;
- Result 7: The quality of management, capitalization and coordination of the TA is ensured.
- Establishment of the conditions necessary for the preparation and execution of budgets in program mode, making it possible to sustain the dynamics of public finance reform
- Development of tools necessary for the application of new accounting texts and regulations
- Formulation of the planning system, in particular sectoral policies and action plans, including capacity building