SUPPORT TO THE EU COMMUNICATION PROGRAM IN TURKEY
SUPPORT TO THE EU COMMUNICATION PROGRAM IN TURKEY NEAR/ANK/2021/EA-RP/0065
Period of implementation: 11/2021- 11/2023
Country – Turkey
Beneficiary – Delegation of the European Union in Turkey
The overall objectives of “Support to the EU Communication Programme in Turkey” project are:
- to communicate the EU’s policy objectives in Turkey in order to promote and defend the values and interests of the EU, and contribute to better knowledge of the EU amongst the Turkish population;
- oversee accession negotiations with Turkey.
- engage on foreign policy issues.
- engage the country on – and promote the visibility of – EU financial assistance via the various instruments.
- contribute to effective implementation of the Customs Union and facilitate strengthening of economic-trade relations,
- promote and support Turkish efforts to implement reforms, including reinforcing the Rule of Law and respecting human rights
- encourage further efforts on issues like visa policy, anticorruption, climate change etc.
A.1. Analysis of the communication environment and different target groups
A.2. Development of a detailed action plan and timeline
A.3. Identification of indicators; testing, assessment and evaluation of activities and formulating/ applying recommendations for future activities
A.4. Identification of relevant research and information and adjustment/modification of communication activities
A.5. Preparation of detailed proposals of improvements and new activities
A.6. Conducting research to determine the impact of the EU Delegation’s communication activities in Turkey.
A.7. Conducting two representative opinion polls annually to assess attitudes and knowledge on EU and other relevant issues based on which future communication strategy would be developed.
Pillar B. Implementation of Communication Activities (Pillar B / B.1 – B.10) i.e. public outreaching events and awareness campaigns relevant to various informational sessions – trainings, events, and information days ensuring that the events are supported at the national and local level by relevant parties.