Strengthening the Capacity of the Central Finance and Contracting Unit
Technical Assistance for Strengthening the Capacity of the Central Finance and Contracting Unit (CFCU)
Period of implementation: 10.2004 – 12.2005
Country – Romania
Beneficiary – Ministry of Public Finance (CFCU and NAC), Ministry of Labor
The general objective of the project is to strengthen CFCU administrative and to develop a sound financial management system, compatible with EU budgetary procedures and regulations, through optimising the management system in place and staff qualifications.
The project has 3 main purposes:
- To assist the CFCU in setting up an effective management system, including staff training and development of HR strategy and upgrading the commitment to ethical professional conduct;
- To ensure proper procurement procedures for Phare Programs by improving the overall performance and quality of documents processed by revising and drafting internal procedures manuals for CFCU, NAC and Ministry of Labor and by developing of an IT strategy;
- Design a MIS.
- HR assessment and HR strategy development
- Management and performance assessment of public administration
- Drafting Code of Conduct for public administration, performance strategy and action plan together with the appropriate monitoring mechanism
- Training design (TNA, curricula and training materials development) and delivery to decision makers and operational staff of public administration
- Drafting internal procedures manuals to ensure proper procurement procedures for PHARE Programs in the light of Romania’s movement to EDIS
IT assistance – assessing existing IT systems and developing an IT strategy and framework (IT strategy and MIS).