PROGRAM FOR THE CONSOLIDATION OF THE STATE AND THE ASSOCIATIVE WORLD
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO COMPONENT 2 OF THE PROGRAM FOR THE CONSOLIDATION OF THE STATE AND THE ASSOCIATIVE WORLD (PRO-CEMA)
Period of implementation: August 2017-December 2020
Country – Togo
Beneficiary – Ministry of Development Planning
The overall objective of the program is to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the Accelerated Growth and Employment Promotion Strategy by supporting the consolidation of local governance and greater participation of civil society, particularly autonomous women’s organizations, in the implementation and monitoring of development policies.
The specific objective of this service contract is to contribute to the State-Civil Society dialogue for the definition and implementation of development actions, and to the participation of women and girls in local public and political life.
The program is structured around four outcomes:
- Result 1: Better involve civil society in the accountability of government action and the management of public affairs through its strengthening and structuring;
- Result 2: Ensure better coordination between the State and associations;
- Result 3: Encourage female candidates and increase the presence of women in elected positions;
Result 4: Contribute to a better participation of the cultural milieu in the citizen debate.
Support for institutional development and capacity building of CSOs, including management and monitoring and evaluation of CSO funded projects
- Support for the continuation of the internal structuring of the umbrella CSOs and thematic and regional networks
- Support for technical and organizational capacity building and institutional development of CSOs:
- Preparation and launch of a call for proposals for the financing of projects developed by CSOs in the areas of EU-Togo cooperation, such as accountability, environment, decentralization and provision of social services (water, sanitation, electricity, health, etc.); Technical and financial management and monitoring-evaluation of projects implemented by CSOs; Strengthening of the technical and organizational capacities of CSOs in the framework of the elaboration and implementation of subsidized projects;
- Support for the definition of a public/strategic policy to support the associative world, particularly autonomous women’s organizations;
- Development and implementation of capacity building programs for autonomous women’s organizations; Mapping of CSOs in the country, including women’s organizations;
- Support for State/Civil Society consultation
- Technical management and operational monitoring of the Program’s activities, including the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system.